- Promoting healthy, successful children and families through reading aloud
- Fostering school and community efforts that develop lifelong readers
The importance of reading aloud with children is understood and accepted by the educational community, parents, and others as an effective tool in learning success and healthy child development. Our vision is that parents and caregivers, along with the educational community read aloud with all children.
Literacy is essential to the growth and success of every child. Reading aloud to children a minimum of 20 minutes per day will improve their vocabulary and develop positive attitudes toward reading and learning. Reading provides a way to connect with children from every spectrum of our society.
- Develop informational materials to inform parents and caregivers about the benefits of reading aloud to children.
- Assist schools and communities with read aloud projects.
- Sponsor Nebraska’s Read Aloud to a Child month.
- Host workshops and presentations for parents, caregivers and the educational community.
- Create a statewide public awareness campaign about reading aloud to children.